The Department of Immigration in Thimphu will issue all the tourists with visa to Bhutan. Indians, Bangladeshis, and Maldivians will be issued an online permit for entry into Bhutan.
For all the visitors from different countries, i.e. all countries except India, Bangladesh, and the Maldives, a visa is mandatory to gain entry into Bhutan.
For all the visitors from different countries, i.e. all countries except India, Bangladesh, and the Maldives, a visa is mandatory to gain entry into Bhutan. Visas are issued from the Department of Immigration in Thimphu, or through your travel operator. Payment of the sustainable development fees by the visitor can be completed with any authorized tour operator or the department of immigration.
Visas are issued upon full payment of the tourist tariff and other taxes by the applicant at any authorized tour operator or designated banks anywhere in Bhutan during their visit to Bhutan.
Visa is issued from the Department of Immigration in Thimphu upon full payment of the Sustainable Development Fees (SDF) and Visa Fees.
You are required to obtain your Bhutan visa before you enter Bhutan. You can obtain your visa at any of the following immigration offices:
- Phuntsholing, Samdrup Jongkhar, Trashigang, and Gelephu or online at www.bhutanvisaonline.com or www.eta-tourist-office.com/visa/.
- Visa is also issued from the Department of Immigration in Thimphu upon full payment of SDF. You can also make payments through your travel operator with ease and security.
There is no minimum requirement of days for obtaining a visa to Bhutan.
There is no minimum requirement of days to visit for obtaining a visa for Bhutan. If you’re planning to visit Bhutan, we recommend at least 4 nights and 5 days. All country citizens will need to pay a Sustainable Development Fee (SDF) of USD 200 per person per night. For India, Bangladesh, and Maldives citizens the SDF is set at Rs 1200 per person per night.
Visa approval is done by the Department of Immigration as per your booking with a Bhutanese Tour Operator. Follows the rules and regulations designed solely to protect Bhutan’s unique culture, traditions, and environment.
1. You can travel to Bhutan by applying through us a https://www.drukheritage.com/contact
2. Entry will be facilitated for those coming via air and land.
3. Sustainable Development Fee (SDF) per person per night will be levied.
4. Follow prevailing National COVID-19 protocol and guidelines. Your well-being guide will be there for you at all times.
5. Need to have COVID-19 insurance coverage.
6. Produce a COVID-19 negative certificate issued by a laboratory certified to carry out an RT-PCR test, not earlier than 72 hours before embarking or the initiation of a journey from the country of origin.
7. At any given time, the National COVID-19 protocol may be enforced. We not only expedite your new plan but we can be your backup should anything go wrong.
8. You may like to share this communication with your family and friends who are planning to visit Bhutan soon.
Your Bhutan E – Visa will be endorsed & emailed after your booking has been confirmed by your tour operator in collaboration with the Department of Immigration.
The Bhutan e visa will be issued and emailed to you after your booking has been confirmed by your tour operator in collaboration with the Department of Immigration. The Department of Immigration in Thimphu will endorse the visa and upon arrival at Paro airport will be stamped on your passport. Full payment of the SDF must be made prior to your arrival.
Please note that you have to book your trip through a certified Bhutan tour operator who is duly licensed by the Tourism Council of Bhutan (TCB). It is not possible to process tourist visas unless you apply through a licensed travel agent in Bhutan or your Hotel.
Please note that you have to book your trip through a certified Bhutan tour operator who is duly licensed by the Tourism Council of Bhutan (TCB). It is not possible to process tourist visas unless you apply through a licensed travel agent in Bhutan.
If you are planning to visit Bhutan as a tourist, please make sure that the company that has been awarded your visa is duly licensed and authorized by TCB.
A valid passport is needed for every visitor for entering Bhutan. The passport must be valid for at least 6 months from the date of entry into Bhutan.
While traveling to Bhutan, all visitors must present a valid passport with at least 6 months of remaining validity from the date of entry into Bhutan in order to obtain an “Entry Permit” to Bhutan for regional guests and Visa to Bhutan for international guests.
Foreign nationals (with the exception of those from India, Bangladesh, and the Maldives) may apply for a Bhutanese visa through specific travel operators designated by the Royal Government of Bhutan, as well as any hotels that have partnered with Bhutanese tour operators. Foreign nationals need to pay the tour operator $40 USD to apply for a visa to Bhutan at the time the tour is booked.
Make sure you have all documents needed before traveling to Bhutan.
The following are required for a visa application to Bhutan:
- Valid passport (valid for at least 6 months from the date of entry into Bhutan)
- A Visa approval letter was issued by the Department of Immigration, which is valid as per your itinerary. This letter is essential for all tourists and can be obtained online after receiving an online visa approval form, which can be downloaded from the official website of the Ministry of Home and Cultural Affairs, Bhutan. The applicant should also make sure that his/her passport does not have any restrictions on entering another country before applying for a visa to Bhutan. If it does have such restrictions then he/she needs to first get rid of those restrictions before applying for a visa.
- Proof of accommodation during your stay in Bhutan; this might be hotel booking confirmation. The name of your guide. Your complete itinerary.
The visa process is very simple. All you have to do is fill in the online form and make the payment through our website. We will send you your visa within 7 working days of receiving your application form. Or you can simply let us handle everything for you from your Bhutan visa to your hotels, your guide, your transportation, your air tickets, planning your itinerary, and making your first trip to Bhutan a memorable one.